This Rockfish creation plays with my love of the sweet and salty combination. It’s a warm and comforting dish with a sweetly bitter twang. This can be served with any vegetable, I’m just trying to use up my root veggies. This is a simple and easy weeknight dinner, definitely ending up on the regular rotation.
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4 Rockfish fillets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced at an angle
- 1-2 lbs of mixed baby potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2-3 cups white or brown rice, (prepare in your own preferred method)
- Season the rockfish with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare your favorite rice, in your preferred method.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread your carrots and potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Coat in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and garlic. Heat the mixture over medium heat in a frying pan until boiling.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and place rockfish fillets on top of the sauce. Sprinkle cranberries around the fillets.
- Simmer until reduced to a glaze, about 10-15 minutes. Turning the fillets halfway through the time. Baste the fillets with the glaze throughout.
- Once the fish is cooked through serve on top of a bed of rice with your side of roasted vegetables.
- Spoon glaze and cranberries over the fish, rice, and veggies.