As a busy working mom, mornings are some of the most stressful times of day. Between getting ready, getting my daughter ready, feeding our pets, feeding the kid and getting to work on time.. My own breakfast was often sacrificed for the sake of saving a few minutes. I found the perfect solution for my family in meal prepped breakfast burritos! Every Sunday I spend a couple hours making a big batch of breakfast burritos and wrapping them all up for an easy, hearty, and healthy breakfast for myself and my husband in the mornings.
Large Batch Breakfast Burritos
Easy, Hearty, Healthy way to start the day!
Ingredients*8 Yukon Gold Potatoes *9-12 Large Eggs *1 Can Black Olives *1 Avocado *2 Large Bell Pepper *1 Small Onion *1 Zucchini *1 Small or Medium Eggplant *8oz Sliced Mushrooms *14oz Plant Based Sausage *3 Tbsp. Salted Butter *2 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper Infused Olive Oil *Garlic Powder *Seasoning Salt *Cayenne Pepper *Paprika *Za’atar Seasoning *Minced Parsley *Salt & Pepper *1 Cup Shredded Cheese *10-12 Large Tortillas *Saran Wrap
- Scramble the eggs, season with salt & pepper to taste and cook over medium heat until cooked through. Add to a large bowl.
- Dice the onion, bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms and set aside for later.
- Dice the olives and avocado and add to the bowl with the scrambled eggs.
- Chop the potatoes into small bite size pieces.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and toss potatoes in the butter until well coated.
- Season to taste with season salt, garlic, Za’atar seasoning and parsley and stir until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cook until potatoes are soft but not overcooked, stirring occasionally. Add to the large bowl with the scrambled eggs.
- In a deep pan, heat the cayenne infused olive oil over medium high heat.
- Once hot add the plant based sausages and cook on all sides until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In the same pan add the diced vegetables and coat well in the remaining oil from the pan.
- Season to taste with garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, and za’atar seasoning.
- Meanwhile chop sausages into bite sized pieces (similar in size to the potatoes). Add to the pan with the diced veggies.
- Cook until the veggies are soft and cool slightly before adding to the large bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add the shredded cheese of your preference to the large bowl and mix all ingredients together.
- Take a tortilla and place about 1 cup (adjust based on the size of your tortillas), in the center. fold the sides in and roll into a burrito.
- Roll the burrito in saran wrap and set aside.
- Repeat steps 15 & 16 until all mixture is used.
- placed wrapped burritos in zip lock bags and store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- To re-heat: Remove the burrito from the saran wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Heat a small pan over medium heat and sear each exposed side of the burrito until golden brown.