This enchilada casserole is served as more of a main dish dip in my house. We forgo the spoons for this one and scoop each bite with corn chips. It ads a nice crunch to the otherwise soft meal. Enjoy this easy, healthy comfort food dish!
- 1 cup quinoa, (uncooked)
- 1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Dried parsley
Cook quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, avocado, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Stir in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and parsley, if desired.