The Spring Equinox this year is March 20th 2021 officially. Though here in the Pacific Northwest the actual day of equal balance is March 17th 2021. So that is when I will be celebrating!
What is the Spring Equinox?
- Is it when the Sun crosses the equator line, heading north in the sky. – Yes!
- Is it the first day of Spring (for the northern hemisphere in March)? – Yes!
- Is it a day of perfect balance? (same amount of daylight and darkness) – Yes!
- Is it a day of celebration for Pagans and Woo Woo enthusiasts across the world? – Yes!
My favorite thing about the Equinox is the perfect balance! I personally find so much, power, peace and joy in the balance of it! Here are my favorite ways to celebrate! Try a few and see if the changing of the seasons change your life too!
- Food – apples, asparagus, chocolates, dairy foods, egg dishes, flower dishes, fresh fruits/juices/liqueurs, ham, honey cakes, hot cross buns, jelly beans, lamb, leafy green vegetables, nuts & seeds, spiced or flower cupcakes, sprouts, sweet or honeyed wine, and unleavened bread
- Scents – Lemon, Orange Blossom, Lime, Spear Mint, Sage, Grapefruit, Cedarwood, Geranium, Helichrysum, Jasmine, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Vetiver, Wild Orange, Ylang-Ylang
- Colors – All Pastels, Gold, Green, Yellow, Pink, Light blue
- Stones – Serpentine, Flower Agate, Chrysoprase, Sodalite, Moss Agate, Rose Quartz, Amazonite, Ocean Jasper, Carnelian, Rhodochrosite, Tiger’s Eye, Chrysocolla, Apatite, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Bloodstone, Clear Quartz, Red Jasper, Moonstone
- Spring Cleaning
- Plant something
- Take a walk/Spend time in nature
- Admire the sunrise and sunset
- Watch the Stonehenge celebration via live feed
- Have a bonfire
- Arts & Crafts
- Decorate Eggs
- Begin something new (like a hobby or adventure)
- Have sex 😉
- Look around you for signs of Spring!
An important part of my Spring Equinox traditions is to analyze the balance in my own life. It’s important to take serious, brutally honest stock of your priorities. Let go of those things that no longer serve you and start focusing more on those things you have neglected.
Given the balance of the day I love to dedicate myself to really enjoying the sunrise and sunset. I feel it is very important to center and ground myself during these moments to really fully appreciate the significance of the event. I also pull from the power of the holiday and perform a Tarot reading for myself once at sunrise and once at sunset. Here is an idea of a spread you can do for yourself!